Easy Hot Cheddar Bacon Dip



Yum
This past weekend was fun for me as I got to socialize with some good friends to play some cards. We enjoy the game of setback and everyone contributes some sort of goodie to snack on. I made a batch of my tasty American Goulash with a side salad and bread. Also I grilled some kielbasa to serve with cocktail sauce. There were some spicy chicken wings and a cheese platter and for dessert some chocolate chip cookies.

While we all have fun, we take the card playing seriously and all want to win. But gathering and chatting with food is one of the best parts of the time spent together.


So today I decided I would test a recipe out for our next gathering. I wanted something tasty yet inexpensive and it had to be packed with a nice bite of flavor. This recipe makes a small dish however you can double it for more. Since it was a tester recipe I chose to make the smaller amount.
  • 1 1/4 cups Mexican blended cheese (it has cheddar plus Monterey Jack with jalapeno and muenster)
  • 3/4 cup shard cheddar cheese
  • 5 strip bacon - cooked crispy
  • 1/3 pkg. room temperature cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tsp. hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. onion power
  • cooking spray
  1. I used a wooden spoon to mash up and mix all of the above ingredients until blended well.
  2. Spray an oven proof casserole dish with cooking spray.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350° oven covered for about 40 minutes.


Serve with crackers or chunks of bread or even bread sticks.  It's truly a nice home made hot dip that your family or guests will love. This easy Hot Cheddar Bacon Dip is easy on the pocketbook as well. It cost me approximately $4.58 to make. Recipe makes 3 cups.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts